We use our Saturday library for Markdown rendering, which sacrifices a bit of Markdown functionality in order to support writers who only want to write in plain text, without requiring them to configure anything.
We should also support a Markdown standard like CommonMark, for those who explicitly want it.
Discussed more in #43.
In the blog settings page, under Text Rendering:
- Enable the "Markdown" option
- Change it to a radio button
- Change the label to "WriteFreely-flavored Markdown"
- Add a new option for the standard we support, e.g. CommonMark
- Design: separate this from other options (currently only MathJax).
Update the collectionattributes accordingly when the user saves blog settings. Post rendering should check the attribute(s) altered by these settings.