This is a bit different than differential as it is post commit. I really like the concept of the pre commit review with differential though.
Unbreak Now! (1)
Needs Triage (14)
Wed, Sep 18
Mon, Sep 16
Sat, Sep 14
Fri, Sep 13
sure, sounds good
Hmm yeah, good idea. I'd say we send them to some user page and show a message, but with the chorus config, things get complicated. Maybe just redirect to / for now, and we'll see how that works. I don't imagine it happening too often.
Thu, Sep 12
I think a rough process would be:
- download and extract into temporary location
- copy existing data to FILEorFOLDER.old, for each file or folder to replace
- move the new files to the existing locations, replacing them
- kill the server process, triggering systemd to restart.
- clean up temporary files
- keep .old around in case of some error? if so maybe old files should be moved elsewhere, it wouldn't take too much disk to keep a copy of the last installed version around though.