We're building tiny, focused products that each start with a simple idea and use-case. Once that idea is out in the world, we follow it as far as it takes us. For example, the idea of a privacy-first, anonymous text-publishing platform in Write.as has led us to pseudonymous publishing and Read Write.as, a common area to read ano-/pseudonymous writing.
All products share some common ideas. Each:
- Stands as its own product
- Leverages other products in some way
- Has a limited scope
- Keeps data collection to bare minimum
Publishing text to the web.
- Simple editor
- Post to external sites
- Access writing on multiple devices
- Easily distribute writing ano- or pseudonymously
Throw up a quick web page.
- Publish a web page without signing up
- Preview web page in real time
Keeping notes, thoughts (are language-based thoughts the only ones we care about?), and ideas (again, only language-based?).
To answer: pen and paper will always be superior for sketching free-form ideas. At least that's what we'll operate on.
- Write something down in a plain, stripped-down editor
- Share writing to other note-taking apps, public places (like Write.as),
Simple, text-based collaboration.
- Create shareable text documents
- Let anyone edit the document without signing up for anything